Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Spirit of Generosity

So, in my daily search for new materials to work with, to have, to hoard, I often feel very WANTING... wanting of something new or unattainable, desiring of luxurious items, hoping for an excess of influx that will allow me to kick back and acquire something exciting. I love the moment I find I've a package in the mail, I adore using new materials, I wallow in the accumulation of artistic supplies and tools. The question "do I really NEED it?" drives me crazy! In general, I want to be inspired!
Today I received a gift from an unexpected source: the opportunity to give someone a little bit of comfort, a reminder of how much I have and how little there is for me to ever feel wanting of. I have so many things to be thankful for, and it is easy to forget, to get caught up in wanting and having. I hope to carry this with me in my day-to-day, a sense of humility and gratefulness that I am often lacking. Thank you Grace, for reminding me!

No comments: