Monday, October 6, 2008

Hearts, Charts, and Finishing What I Start


Ok, so I am finally back to blogland! So much has been going on for us over at the shop, three new patterns (one each by your truly, Karen Walker, and welcoming Rheba Smith to the No Two Snowflakes team!) and one on the way by Karen called the Icicles Lace Wrap that is to die for! Karen's lovely shawls are all charted and are available for sale in my shop, and Rheba's Pretty Crew Sock is a great introductory pattern to those not yet addicted to sock knitting. Most exciting for me is the debut of my first sock pattern, The Rose Adagio Lace Sleep Sock, which has had so much kind response so far, thanks everyone! It's been a great week for hearts, we hit over 400 hearts on Etsy last week, and passed 50 hearts on the Rose Adagio this weekend on Ravelry, I am really feeling the love, and thanks Ravellers who made what was otherwise not the nicest week full of fun!
What's on the needles? What isn't! I need to catch a case of finish-itis, as lately I have had cast on fever! I started some socks with my Swingin' Handspun Singles yarn collaborated on with HowToUseArt's Tessa, I cast on a February Lady Sweater, which I am going to modify and do as a puff sleeve, I think, I am still at the bitty bottom of MS4 (gorgeous pattern though!), I am a third into my Convertible Cardigan, I finished my Red Running Robert Socks and my Cashmere Cami, but still have to do the last sleeve on Robert's First Birthday Sweater. Also, hints of patterns to come, I am working on a Maple Leaf Rag pattern (shh!) and a secret Nutcracker-themed Stole that we will hopefully have for Holiday! As far as stash enhancement goes I dyed some new Merino/Tencel for the next sock club pattern, I got some Merino Lace from Handpainted Yarn in a trade, and I am also expecting some Sea Silk in Autumn that I traded for-- oh how I love that stuff!
By far the best news this week-- Bobby will have Robert all day Thursday, and I think I smell a knitting machine debut!

No comments: