Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Laziest Blogger is Back





Well, I'm finally back to blogging! Life has been so crazy here that I have had very little chance to write at all, but I'm ready to pick up again :)

The shop has some very exciting news-- this summer while I'm pregnant, we have hired a Mystery Dyer to take over the yarn dyeing, since I am unable to work with the chemical dyes. So far our Mystery Dyer has given us two installments of yarn, all of which are stunning! So far there have been a great variety of lace yarns for summer knitting: 100% Cashmere, 100% Silk, 100% Superfine Merino, Merino/Angora, Merino/Cashmere/Silk, Wool/Silk, and some really cool Cashmere/Silk. We also have released a bunch of new patterns with in the last month, Katrina Ballerina Lace Layering Cardigan, Susie Sells Seashells, Charlotte Luxury Cowl, and Skater's Waltz Lace Ankle Sock, all of which are great to knit for warmer weather!


In other news, I am due in October, and am trying to get as very much knitting done while I still can, and before running herd on two baby boys takes over all my free time... I am working on my cousin's wedding pillow, a Louisa Lace Tunic, some Spirogyra Handspun Hand Warmers,
and a pair of gorgeous Rivendell socks, knit in Ocean Dreams, a No Two Snowflakes yarn. I also have an Aeolian in the works and have been trying to spin more... I made some really lovely yarn from some Twisted Fiber Arts roving in Netherfield.



This week I was finally able to get Robert out of the city for a day trip to the beach and Barnegat Light, he has been cooped up too long with me pregnant and not feeling so great. He had a fantastic time with his Babci (my mom) and his Pop Pop Pop, and had to be dragged out of the ocean!

No comments: