Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tales from the World's Worst Blogger






Well, let's see. We have a new son, Caeden Casimer Corry, 9 lbs. 2 oz when he was born October 19, 2009... he is almost 6 months old now and 20 lbs., and I am writing my first blog post since he was still in utero-- I am officially the world's worst blogger. But we have had quite a bit going on...
Bobby (our wonderful "Mystery Dyer", and the talent behind www.DyeMyDarling.Etsy.com) is getting certified this Spring to become an EMT, and he is in an ongoing accelerated program for nursing. His program only accepted a few students and since he has straight A's, he was a great candidate to get in! Meanwhile, Robert has been great adjusting to being a big brother -- lots of hugs, kisses, and "he's nice" in the direction of his baby brother.

And as for me-- well, super incredibly busy as always! My ballet students did NYCDA this year, and the workshops were amazing-- I loved the Contemporary and the Hip Hop. And at our second competition this year Kier and Sophia took the top 2 overall spots for senior soloists-- they so deserve it! The image is of Kiersten in her "16 tons" costume.

And at NTS, we have had some amazing goings-on... new yarns, custom colors for the Evenstar KAL, a new 2nd Anniversary Shawl by Karen Walker, 2 patterns published in Knitcircus magazine (with a third to follow this fall), and 2 or 3 very cool things on the burners right now... very exciting, but a secret until I know a little more :). If you haven't been by the shop, you should come and check things out-- among our newer offerings are 100% Mulberry Silk spinning fiber and 50/50 Cashmere/Merino lace, an incredible yarn that screams "cuddle me"!


Now that I am back to Blogland I will be posting much more often-- I have many, many projects to post about, lots of new designs I am working on, and more fun stuff-- but for now, Happy Easter all!

1 comment:

lara griffiths said...

from one bad blogger to another you have the cutest excuse!